Out of Print Archive forum
October 21, 2017, 02:44:31 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Broken links and Corrupted files (requests for re-ups)  (Read 8800 times)
grandta13

View Profile Email
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2016, 01:02:27 AM »

The iPod/iPhone size of Computer and Video Games 176 has gone down.

Page: http://www.outofprintarchive.com/catalogue/CVG/CVG176.html
File Link: http://www.outofprintarchive.com/downloadlinks/CVG176i.html
meppi64
Administrator

EDF! EDF! EDF!

View Profile Email
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2016, 06:17:23 AM »

Thanks for letting me know! I'll re-up it right away.

There were some server issues last year with file factory that resulted in quite a few magazines being deleted or corrupted on their servers.

I'm in the process of going over everything and re-editing each magazine in the process before I re-upload the remastered version, so you might want to keep a lookout for them as they will be better quality and the overall colour palet will be much much closer to the actual magazines that they used to be.

For a bit more info on what I'm actually talking about, check the following posts: http://www.outofprintarchive.com/forum/index.php?topic=662.0
Mega Drive Bowlsey

View Profile Email
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2016, 06:06:53 AM »

Hi, first I just want to say thanks for this amazing site. Being able to read my old favourite gaming mags from back in the day is just fantastic. As my name suggests I grew up a die-hard Sega boy and my favourite publication for Mega Drive/Mega CD related news and reviews was Mega Magazine. I noticed that you have some issues available for download but it seems some of them need to be re-uploaded. If this could be done I'd be very grateful. Also do you think you may have access to more issues of Mega at any point in the near future? I realise it happens to be one of the harder Sega related magazines to find back issues of but as far as I'm concerned it really was one of the best written gaming publications to come out of the early to mid 90's. Thank you so much in advance!  Smiley
meppi64
Administrator

EDF! EDF! EDF!

View Profile Email
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2016, 06:16:53 AM »

Thanks. Smiley

Could you let me know which issues are offline that you'd like to download?
I'll try and get them all up today.
File factory had a server failure last year so a lot of stuff is offline.

Neil is actually the one who has the Mega issues, so I'm sure he'll be able to answer much better than me which issues he still has. Wink
Nreive
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2016, 01:33:33 PM »

I will eventually get around to archiving the full set of Future Publishing issues of Mega (I don't have the full run of Maverick's issues). But it could be in the next couple of years before I can start to do that.

As anyone who has visited OoPA over the years may have noticed, I have been pretty absent lately. That's not to say that I have walked away forever, though.

When I moved house around three years my scanner got damaged. The new house is also not convenient to have my old PC set up, so that went as well. In the meantime, I have been working away with an underpowered laptop. When finances improve to a stage that I can get a good laptop and scanner then I will be able to continue this personal project of mine.

Mega is one of my all time favourite mags. As with any favourites, it hit a spot with me at the time and I still have fond memories of it. I actually began scanning Mega issues back in 2007 but they were not of great quality at all, so I started from scratch in 2009.

In the meantime, I have been told that there are a couple of Mega issues over at OldGameMags that are not available here at OoPA. I have not had time to check these out yet, so can't comment on the quality, but they should be readable.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 02:55:43 PM by Nreive » Logged
meppi64
Administrator

EDF! EDF! EDF!

View Profile Email
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2016, 05:33:16 AM »

Since I don't know which issues are unavailable and which are online, I just uploaded the whole set and updated all the MEGA download links.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 03:32:27 AM by meppi » Logged
Mega Drive Bowlsey

View Profile Email
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2016, 06:34:04 PM »

Thanks so much for the re-ups guys, and it's great to know there are others who share my love for Mega Magazine!  Smiley
retroking1981

View Profile Email
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2017, 01:24:05 PM »

Mean Machines 5 and 9 phone versions are broken.
meppi64
Administrator

EDF! EDF! EDF!

View Profile Email
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2017, 02:46:40 PM »

Mean Machines 5 and 9 phone versions are broken.

Thanks for letting me know!

I've just repacked and re-uped the files.
Here are the links:

http://www.outofprintarchive.com/downloadlinks/MM5i.html
http://www.outofprintarchive.com/downloadlinks/MM9i.html
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: