Out of Print Archive forum
April 24, 2017, 01:07:25 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14
  Print  
Author Topic: Site News  (Read 27851 times)
meppi
Administrator

EDF! EDF! EDF!

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2013, 05:30:33 PM »

Links all seem to be back up.

No explanation given so far, but at least it works again.
meppi
Administrator

EDF! EDF! EDF!

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2013, 08:12:36 AM »

Should have something very nice up for tomorrow is everything goes smoothly from hereon out. Smiley

Had quite a lot of trouble with the cover this time as the whole gradient background was severely scratched and bleached.
So I had to create a brand new one and paint it in manually which took ages.
On the bright side, I believe the people behind this magazine would give the thumbs up when they view it and I hope people will have trouble noticing, even if I did spoil this right here. Wink

Oh and here's a funny teaser from a page of the magazine. Perhaps someone who bought the magazine back in the day recognises it.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 08:28:50 AM by meppi » Logged
meppi
Administrator

EDF! EDF! EDF!

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2013, 05:04:23 AM »

We return this week with issue 5 of Dreamcast Magazine by Paragon Publishing/Imagine Publishing.
Since we already had a ton of reviews from this magazine on the site,
our update refreshes these a bit so that they now appear as fully edited and restored previews on the site.
And we put in a new one as well, just for good measure. The first review we feature is for the timeless arcade classic Crazy Taxi.
After that we look at the often forgotten Armada.
And after this we look at both Virtual On Oratorio Tangram and Zombie Revenge.

Dreamcast Magazine 5 - january 2000 (UK)

Crazy Taxi (review)
Armada (review)
Virtual On Oratorio Tangram (review)
Zombie Revenge (review)

The Maximum Resolution version (2560px) can be downloaded here.
The Tablet version (1600px) can be downloaded here.
The iPod/iPhone version (1024px) can be downloaded here.
Nreive
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2013, 03:49:49 AM »

This week we go back a little further in time and revisit the 16-bit era with the Mega Drive magazine Mega.  Right now we are at February 1993 and issue 5 has just hit the newsstands. From our online preview articles we select every time, the first review that grabs our attention is for the incredibly addictive multiplayer game Micro Machines. After this, we look at the Full Motion Video game for the Mega CD called Road Blaster FX before taking in the animal platform adventure of Rolo to the Rescue.  And finally we take a look at PGA Tour Golf II, one of my most games from 1993.

MEGA 5 - february 1993 (UK)

Micro Machines
Road Blaster FX (Mega CD)
Rolo to the Rescue
PGA Tour Golf II

dan

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2013, 05:16:16 AM »

Thanks for this!
It does seem however that none of the download links are working  Sad

Just letting you know.

Dan
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 06:12:24 AM by dan » Logged
meppi
Administrator

EDF! EDF! EDF!

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2013, 05:47:23 AM »

Hmm, you're correct. Seems like something went wrong with the uploads.
I'm redoing them right now, so everything should be working within half an hour or so.
meppi
Administrator

EDF! EDF! EDF!

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2013, 10:18:47 AM »

Continuing the trend with lots of love for anything Sega,
this week we jump to December of 1996 with issue 14 of the Official Sega Saturn Magazine.
We start of with a feature on the incredible Christmas NiGHTS,
then move on to an in-depth showcase for Virtua Cop 2. After all this we have not one, but two interviews.
The first one is with Lobotomy Software on Exhumed,
while the second one talks to Sega AM#3 about the Saturn conversion of Virtual On.
And finally we look at two reviews: Daytona USA CCE and Virtua Cop 2.

Official Sega Saturn Magazine 14 - december 1996 (UK)

Christmas NiGHTS (feature)
Virtua Cop 2 (feature)
Lobotomy Software on Exhumed (interview)
Sega AM#3 on Virtual On (interview)
Virtua Cop 2 (review)
Daytona USA CCE (review)

meppi
Administrator

EDF! EDF! EDF!

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2013, 08:12:28 AM »

It's a bit early to tease the next issue as I'm not that far into it, but I can't help myself from posting the following.

Came across this little graphic as I was editing a page from an olympic game.

Really no idea what this is supposed to really be. lol

« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 08:23:22 AM by meppi » Logged
sblack

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2013, 05:36:50 AM »

Thanks for issue 14 of OSSM. Makes me want an HD version of Virtua Cop 1 & 2 even more Sad You would have thought with a lot of gaming companies who don't have a back catalogue like Sega having digital services, Sega would have something by now Undecided Sad Cry
meppi
Administrator

EDF! EDF! EDF!

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2013, 07:33:40 AM »

There was this rumour for the longest time that Sega was planning on porting VC1 and 2 and perhaps even 3 to the Wii, after the success with House of the Dead and Ghost Squad, but nothing ever came of it. Sad
Instead we did finally get a home conversion of Gunblade NY & LA, but yeah, I would have loved to see VC 1&2, especially since the classic light gun games don't work on flatscreens. Sad
Virtua Cop 1 is still my favourite light gun game actually. The scoring system and multiplier combined with the perfect level design just speaks to me.
Nreive
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2013, 12:41:04 PM »

This week, we have something very special lined up for you. We were fortunate enough to be able to conduct an interview with none other than Dave Perry.  He launched and edited over 30 videogame magazines, helped launch two videogame TV shows, founded his own successful publishing company and became the best known journalist celebrity of his time. We caught up with the Dave Perry to reminisce about all these achievements and how it all lead to one of his very first passions.  Since it's quite an extensive interview, be sure to check back next week for part two.

Nreive
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2013, 11:50:52 AM »

Slightly later than intended...  Following on from part one of our Dave Perry interview, we discuss his life after Paragon Publishing, working for a videogame software company, taking on the might of the Official PlayStation Magazine, launching a magazine publishing company, setting up his own business in his home town and more......

atik

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2013, 03:00:36 PM »

Thanks a lot for this interview with Dave Perry, its one of the best things I've read about retro video games in a long time. I remember Dave Perry being a really big personality in the world of video games and along with others like Julian Rignall and Paul Davies and many more, he was quite a big part of my video gaming experience.
I used to live in the U.K. and I remember seeing that episode of Games Master where he lost in the infamous Mario 64 challenge. He really didn't come across very well in that episode and I don't really remember seeing him very much after that.
From the interview he still seems to come across as very confident which is understandable as he has achieved many impressive things, many of which I knew nothing of until reading this interview. Man he has led some life and I am sure that there are many new challenges in the future that he will take on and succeed at. Speaking of which, how great would a new series of Games Master on TV be?
Anyway thanks again for this interview; it showed a good knowledge of the interviewee with some great questions and some cool photos which brought me back to my gaming days of the 1990's   Smiley
Nreive
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2013, 04:09:03 PM »

Thanks, atik.  I have been looking to get this interview with Dave for a few years now.  It seems that I had been trying to get in touch with an unused contact email.  Having successfully got in touch recently, Dave was happy to discuss his journalism and TV show days.  I even discovered some new things myself with the interview.  It was a great time for videogaming and magazines indeed.  The likes of which we will never likely see again.  That's why I like to have these articles and interviews online, so that we can reminisce, discover something new and in doing so, making sure that these events are recorded and never forgotten.
meppi
Administrator

EDF! EDF! EDF!

View Profile Email
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2013, 11:30:59 AM »

What better way to follow up our Dave Perry interview with a brand new release of Sega Pro?
Even though it's the middle of winter right now, let us take you back to the summer of 1992 with issue number 8 of this great magazine.
We start of our featured articles with a review for the Mega Drive classic Alisia Dragoon.
Then we move on to the review of one of the best games on the Game Gear: Monster World 2: The Dragon's Trap,
known in the west as Wonderboy 3: The Dragon's Trap.
Now we move on to a classic movie conversion: The Terminator
and we finish off this update with a somewhat forgotten shoot em up: Trouble Shooter.

Sega Pro 8 - june 1992 (UK)

Alisia Dragoon
Monster World 2: The Dragon's Trap
The Terminator
Trouble Shooter

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14
  Print  

Jump to: