Out of Print Archive forum
July 23, 2017, 08:42:54 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Nintendo Magazine set to close with Issue 114  (Read 2066 times)
meppi
Administrator

EDF! EDF! EDF!

View Profile Email
« on: October 07, 2014, 04:16:30 AM »

Another dark day for video game magazines...

7th October, 2014: Nintendo UK and Future have today confirmed the closure of Official Nintendo Magazine (ONM) in the UK.

The last issue of Official Nintendo Magazine, which launched in the UK in 2002, will be in stores on 14th October, 2014 (Issue 114). Throughout its tenure, Official Nintendo Magazine has continued to bring fans, news, interviews, previews and reviews on both new and retro Nintendo hardware and software.

Nintendo will continue to speak directly to fans via Nintendo Direct, our social media and online channels and public events.

Nintendo UK and Future will continue to work closely on future projects across Gamesradar.com, CVG, Edge, Kotaku UK and Gamesmaster.

The Official Nintendo Magazine has been published by Future since 2006, prior to this it was published by EMAP.

For Official Nintendo Magazine subscription inquiries, please contact the Future Customer Services team on 0844 848 2852 (UK) or +44 1604 251045 (International).

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/58338/official-nintendo-magazine-set-to-close-with-issue-114/
Nreive
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 10:47:10 AM »

Sad news indeed, especially coming from the reasonably safe official UK side of things...  The official Nintendo magazine actually goes back to 1992 when it was launched at EMAP as Nintendo Magazine System.
meppi
Administrator

EDF! EDF! EDF!

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 01:26:56 PM »

Not sure if I remember this correctly, but I seem to recall rumours of Future looking to get out of video game magazines altogether a while back.
Seems like that is slowly becoming a matter of fact now.

Can't say I was a big fan of certain stances some members of ONM took, but it's always sad to see one go under.
I especially disliked the smear campaign followed by a call to boycot Senran Kagura on 3DS which is something that want beyond anything I've ever witnessed in magazine history.
Very foolish to take such a stance and try to be a white knight for some dubious personal belief system.
Oh well, guess that's a bit too off-topic for the news that broke today.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: