Out of Print Archive forum
November 24, 2017, 05:53:18 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NGamer Magazine pickup  (Read 1663 times)
meppi64
Administrator

EDF! EDF! EDF!

View Profile Email
« on: January 14, 2015, 06:34:31 PM »

It's been a while since I picked up a big set of magazines, but this one was so worth it!

The complete set of N(intendo) Gamer magazine in mint condition, along with the extra DVDs and everything.

Only had a tiny bit of time to look through some of them, but these are so great.
Already had a couple of these and actually had a digital subscription to the magazine before it closed down way too soon.

The magazine is a bit to current to be featured on the site, but who knows what the future might bring.
If we ever get the okay to start working on this one (which to be honest the chance for it is probably slim to none Sad ), I'll jump in head first. Wink
dan

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 02:35:51 AM »

Ooh, very nice! The first few issues are an awesome read, they went a bit downhill in 2010-11 when the Wii was dying, but picked up when it upgraded itself to Nintendo Gamer in 2012. Too bad that only lasted for 10 issues, they could have done wonders when the Wii U was launched. It seems the U is kind of like the N64 in terms of game releases at the moment, so perhaps the style would have been similar to N64 magazine.

I also have the complete set of these. I had considered scanning some of the early ones for Kiwi's site, but I really don't want to destroy my issues!

Enjoy reading them!

Dan
meppi64
Administrator

EDF! EDF! EDF!

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 05:06:09 AM »

I've only read the last dozen or so issues so far. With a couple a little earlier thanks to them being on newsstand.
But when the magazine was folded, I received a letter stating that any issues I might have on my iPad are mine as long as they remain on the system, but that they would not be transferable to others, nor that I would be able to redownload them in the future and would lose all of them if I ever deleted the app for some reason, since it was no longer going to be on the storefront. :-/
Otherwise I would have bought all the back issues available...

So I went looking for a physical collection instead. and saved a ton of money in the progress it seems as I would have paid more than triple what I did if I bought them all digitally at the original prices, which never went down even though the magazine closed.

I guess it's only normal to see the coverage changing a bit when not many good games are being released for a system, certainly in it's twilight years.
Although, it can also be a blessing in disguise as they can go much deeper into the best games that are coming out and give them a ton more coverage than normal. Just look at OSSM for example when the Saturn was dying in Europe.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: