I'm having a clearout of some old gaming magazines and I thought they might be useful for your archive. I'm happy to give them away for free to help further the cause, though if I needed to post them it would be cool if you could pay the postage (I currently live in Cambridge UK though will be moving to Oxford shortly). Are you based in the UK? I couldn't find a contact method, that's why I'm messaging here.
They are mainly issues of Mean Machines Sega which you don't seem to have in your collection. They are generally in good working order; a little frayed around the edges/spines in some places with age; some of the covers look like they've been used as a base for writing on in the past, so there are some indentions in them. But I think generally you would be happy with the condition. Let me know if you would be interested and how I can get them to you.Issues:
- Meam Machines #13 (Super Mario Bros 3 cover)
- The Complete A-Z Sega Games (Sonic cover - I believe this is a Sega Pro special issue from 1992)
- Mean Machines Sega #5 (Super Kick Off cover)
- Mean Machines Sega #13 (Street Fighter II cover) - also bundled with 20-page Street Fighter II Special Champion Edition players guide
- Mean Machines Sega #16 (Sonic 3 cover)
- Mean Machines Sega #18 (Star Trek Next Generation cover) - there are a couple of pages where small images have been cut out (for a school project back in the 90s if I recall - what was I thinking?!)
- Mean Machines Sega #39 (Thunderhawk 2 cover) - no audio CD as advertised
- Mean Machines Sega #50 (Daytona CCE cover) - no demo disc as advertised
Considering the weight, I think they will cost somewhere in the region £10-15 to post to a UK address.
I have more magazines but the others I'm deciding to keep for the time being. Maybe in a few years I'll be offloading them too, in which case I'll bear this site in mind - I think it's great that you are preserving this stuff for future generations. Keep up the good work