Out of Print Archive forum
July 23, 2017, 08:44:24 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Donating Magazines (UK)  (Read 3031 times)
Tim White

View Profile
« on: January 24, 2015, 11:21:19 AM »

Hi guys,

I'm having a clearout of some old gaming magazines and I thought they might be useful for your archive. I'm happy to give them away for free to help further the cause, though if I needed to post them it would be cool if you could pay the postage (I currently live in Cambridge UK though will be moving to Oxford shortly). Are you based in the UK? I couldn't find a contact method, that's why I'm messaging here.

They are mainly issues of Mean Machines Sega which you don't seem to have in your collection. They are generally in good working order; a little frayed around the edges/spines in some places with age; some of the covers look like they've been used as a base for writing on in the past, so there are some indentions in them. But I think generally you would be happy with the condition. Let me know if you would be interested and how I can get them to you.

Issues:

- Meam Machines #13 (Super Mario Bros 3 cover)
- The Complete A-Z Sega Games (Sonic cover - I believe this is a Sega Pro special issue from 1992)
- Mean Machines Sega #5 (Super Kick Off cover)
- Mean Machines Sega #13 (Street Fighter II cover) - also bundled with 20-page Street Fighter II Special Champion Edition players guide
- Mean Machines Sega #16 (Sonic 3 cover)
- Mean Machines Sega #18 (Star Trek Next Generation cover) - there are a couple of pages where small images have been cut out (for a school project back in the 90s if I recall - what was I thinking?!)
- Mean Machines Sega #39 (Thunderhawk 2 cover) - no audio CD as advertised
- Mean Machines Sega #50 (Daytona CCE cover) - no demo disc as advertised

Considering the weight, I think they will cost somewhere in the region £10-15 to post to a UK address.

I have more magazines but the others I'm deciding to keep for the time being. Maybe in a few years I'll be offloading them too, in which case I'll bear this site in mind - I think it's great that you are preserving this stuff for future generations. Keep up the good work Smiley

Tim
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 11:23:44 AM by Tim White » Logged
meppi
Administrator

EDF! EDF! EDF!

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 07:02:11 AM »

Hey Tim, first of welcome and thank you so much for the offer. Smiley

I just went through my Mean Machines Sega set and the only issues I seem to be missing are 11 and 20, although when I look up the magazine covers online, I'm positive that nr.20 should be somewhere between another magazine set.
Issue 11 looks extremely familiar as well, so it might just be that I misplaced them when putting them away for storage.

I've never heard of The Complete A-Z Sega Games magazine by the Sega Pro team though!
So I would certainly love to accept this one.
I live in Belgium btw so postage might be a little more, but shouldn't be anything crazy. I've got no problem at all paying for shipping.

Andy
Tim White

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 07:12:35 AM »

Hi Andy,

Good to be here! Let me get a quote for the A-Z issue for postage to Belgium.

Will be in touch.

Tim
Tim White

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2015, 01:05:55 PM »

Hi Andy,

The weight of the A-Z Sega parcel would be about 620g. This is the service I would use:

Royal Mail International Standard / 3 to 5 days delivery / £6.60

Is this OK?

If so we could arrange payment via PayPal and I'll post the item.

Btw here is some info on the magazine:
http://www.segaretro.org/The_Complete_A-Z_of_Sega_Games

Tim
meppi
Administrator

EDF! EDF! EDF!

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2015, 04:48:01 PM »

Sounds goed to me! Smiley

Pm me the account you want the money transferred to and I'll send it as soon as I can.
sqwirral

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2015, 07:13:11 PM »

- Mean Machines Sega #13 (Street Fighter II cover) - also bundled with 20-page Street Fighter II Special Champion Edition players guide

I've been reading through all the Mean Machines, and it seems that special SFII pullout book you mention actually contains their review of the game - and it's missing from the scans of issue 13 I can find online!

Would be really great to see that archived one day, since it was their biggest review of their highest rated game at the time.

Argh, they did the same in issue 22 with the Mortal Kombat II review! The pullout with the review is difficult to find now.

UPDATE: The MKII pullout review can be found here http://segaretro.org/File:MMS23_MK2Review.pdf
They also did it with the Castlevania review http://segaretro.org/File:MMS16_CastlevaniaReview.pdf
I still can't find the Street Fighter II review
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 02:51:32 PM by sqwirral » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: