Out of Print Archive forum
March 23, 2017, 12:13:32 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Prints are not clear  (Read 815 times)
Retron

View Profile
« on: January 17, 2016, 05:15:38 AM »

Hello,

I downloaded one magazine and tried to print a page(its easier for me to read off paper than a screen) The problem is that the text on the printed paper is not clear especially when dark background and light text colors.

The text from the image on my computer screen is crystal clear. I downloaded the tablet resolution. Any way to solve this?

I tried to print my printer on both 600dpi and 1200dpi but they just look the same. I am using a B/W brother laser printer
Nreive
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 05:26:31 AM »

Hello Retron, you should get a better resolution by downloading the much clearer High Rez versions.
meppi
Administrator

EDF! EDF! EDF!

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2016, 06:09:49 AM »

That is correct. The pages in the tablet version are only 1600 pixels in width. The Phone ones are 1136 pixels and the Max-Rez version is 2560 pixels per page.
The pages have been scanned at 300dpi and end up being around 2600-2700 pixels in width when scanned before cropping, so that will be the highest quality you'll find.
Unless We were to scan the pages at 600dpi, but the download sizes would be crazy if we did and There wouldn't be much of a difference when reading the magazine on a screen.
Retron

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2016, 04:07:51 AM »

OK thanks,

I just thought 1600X2219 would be plenty of clear for printing
meppi
Administrator

EDF! EDF! EDF!

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2016, 05:04:01 AM »

I never tried anything like that myself, but I would be surprised if even the 2560p version will give you a good print copy.

Guess it all depends on the sort of paper and printer that you use, but still.
I wonder what kind of quality is used when creating the actual magazines.

I've always used either my laptop with Comicbooklover, or my iPad with ComicGlass.
Would love to get an iPad Pro since that seems to be perfect for reading magazines as the regular ones are a bit too small for comfort. At least for my eyes. Getting old sucks I guess. Wink
But that iPad Pro will have to wait cause I have other, more pressing things that I need to spend money on, sadly.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: