Out of Print Archive forum
November 24, 2017, 05:54:14 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Magazines to donate  (Read 2128 times)
SNESFan

View Profile
« on: May 01, 2016, 10:05:47 AM »

Hi

i've just had a clear out of some of my old mags from years ago and one set I hung onto as it was my fav mag was super play. I only have a few - but wondered if you would like these adding to your archive as its a shame to let them go but I love what you guys do on this site - I need to check out some of your content!

I have Super Play issues: 28, 36, 38, 42, 44, 45, 46, 47

I would like to dontate these if you could use them in your collection and I would prefer they went to a good home and preserved digitally as I need the space and this would let me get rid without feeling guilty!  Smiley

Thanks

Jon
meppi64
Administrator

EDF! EDF! EDF!

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 11:08:57 AM »

Hey Jon, always nice to see a new face around here. Smiley
Welcome to the site and I hope you'll enjoy all the content that you'll find here.

It's been a bit slow the past month due to life getting a bit in the way, which tends to happen from time to time.
But I've just started a nice one-week vacation, so I should be able to get quite a bit of work done as I'l starting to unwind from the normal routine.

I do have a full set of Super play magazines, but if there's one thing that I've learned from all my years of digitising magazines, it's that having a secondary copy of a magazine can be a Godsent. Especially since even the best preserved issues can have certain pages that are extremely hard to restore due to printing errors and ink smudges and such.

So I'd love to take these issues, although it will take quite some time before I get up to these ones as I have a massive backlog.
And with one 100 page issue taking approximately 40 hours to complete from start to finish, it all just ends up going a bit slower than I would prefer.

Then again, we've always put quality of our digital version as the top priority, so I should probably stop complaining about not getting them out as fast as I'd want. Wink

If that's okay with you, just send me a PM and we'll work something out.
I live in Belgium btw, so I hope that's not a deal breaker.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: